JSS Software:Diecast Forum

You found the best diecast forum on the internet, and it is best viewed with IE 8 or greater.

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

ACME Trading Company.

Diecasm

Visit Judee Collectibiles.

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 Weather: Fair to partly 'YUCK'...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  07:35:17  Show Profile
Yesterday, in central Indiana, we literally were at '60' / partly cloudy.
This morning, we're in the middle of an ICE STORM. I've got 1/4 inch and it's still coming down as sleet.
They say 2 - 8 inches of snow later depending on which way the low pressure goes.
More snow off and on thru Monday.

Time to 'hunker down' around here.
Hope the timing is better for the rest of you.

JCarnutz

USA

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  07:57:55  Show Profile
Nope. In the upper 50's here in Metro-Detroit area yesterday. I am now getting freezing rain at 32 degrees. Several inches of snow coming this afternoon. We will be have lows in the single digits by tomorrow. Yikes. I was hoping to get my Christmas lights down today. Now thinking, maybe not.
Go to Top of Page

Steve K

USA

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  08:11:28  Show Profile
60s today in southeast PA, but with 1"-3" of rain!
Go to Top of Page

Mark S

USA

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  08:16:50  Show Profile
60s here too. We were supposed to get heavy rains, which we could use, but that is out of the forecast already. We have the most incompetent weather forecasters in the country here in MD.
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  08:34:30  Show Profile
John, I did manage to get my Christmas lights down yesterday. Good thing.

quote:
Originally posted by JCarnutz

Nope. In the upper 50's here in Metro-Detroit area yesterday. I am now getting freezing rain at 32 degrees. Several inches of snow coming this afternoon. We will be have lows in the single digits by tomorrow. Yikes. I was hoping to get my Christmas lights down today. Now thinking, maybe not.

Go to Top of Page

mrod

USA

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  08:57:52  Show Profile
Upper fifties this morning, lower twenties by tonight with rain ushering the colder weather here in East Tennessee. Then progressively colder as the week unfolds. 40 days until spring training!
Go to Top of Page

tcam

USA

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  10:56:06  Show Profile
Guess we're all going to get some of it we are at 42 right now with it suppose to go to 50 and then by late tonight back down to 18 in between up to a 1/4" of ice and then snow 4 to 8 inches by tomorrow night!
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  11:07:38  Show Profile
Coming our way tomorrow, heavy rain today. I guess a lot of heaving tomorrow with the cold.
Go to Top of Page

Evan M

USA

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  11:41:56  Show Profile
70s here in Virginia today, but the bottom is supposed to fall out tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

kosh2258

USA

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  12:20:46  Show Profile
We had a few days of thawing then the front came through and left 4" of snow and below zero temperatures. Clear today, but we're freezing our tookus off.
Go to Top of Page

Takao

Japan

Posted - 01/12/2018 :  20:04:55  Show Profile
I hope you are enjoying the weekend. It is about 11c, which is unusual for this time of year. It will be nice all weekend. I have night duties this weekend too.
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 01/13/2018 :  11:02:38  Show Profile
Round #1 ....ICE = 1 , Billy = '0'! LOL!

It's sunny / 20. I thought I'd go out and straighten up the sideway and driveway ...both are concrete. We didn't get as much snow and southern Indiana...probably 2 inches; but, it blew around quite a bit.
I thought I'd take my garden hoe and chop on the 1/4+ inch of ice on the front steps. My hoe bounced off of it!
I just put down some salt 'for footing'.
We're suppose to get more snow on Monday. So, I want to clean up what ice I can before the next round.
I'll try it again tomorrow.
It's suppose to get below '0' again next week. May need MORE salt. Geez.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-18 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000