JSS Software:Diecast Forum

You found the best diecast forum on the internet, and it is best viewed with IE 8 or greater.

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

ACME Trading Company.

Diecasm

Visit Judee Collectibiles.

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 Guys, what do you make of this model on eBay?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark S

USA

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  15:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It says it's a 1/24 DM. I thought it was the FM model but the gaps in the doors look too good. Any thoughts?

Sorry Mark because I agree with you but to protect Myron and because the person ended and changed the listing I had to delete it.

Edited by - tcam on 12/18/2017 06:13:05

cuda70

USA

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  16:09:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant find ANY listing of DM ever making this model
Go to Top of Page

Mark S

USA

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  16:32:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I asked the seller about it. He says 7-8" in length but avoided my question about whether or not it was really a DM. I think I smell a rat....
Go to Top of Page

Len1958

USA

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  16:36:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was made by Franklin Mint. It's in the JSS database. Just use "search models" then choose Studebaker and Franklin mint.

Edited by - Len1958 on 12/17/2017 16:38:37
Go to Top of Page

Mark S

USA

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  16:47:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Len1958

It was made by Franklin Mint. It's in the JSS database. Just use "search models" then choose Studebaker and Franklin mint.

Yeah, I know FM made one but they all had horrible fit, especially the doors. The gaps in the pics look like a 1:1.
Go to Top of Page

Takao

Japan

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  17:24:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like not a TFM model but DM model. LOL. There are the free softwares capable of easily forming a composite photograph desirable for a user.
Go to Top of Page

Mark S

USA

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  17:48:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After pressing him on it I got this crazy reply:

"Thank-you so much for bringing that to my attention...

Sorry, I sold this long ago and somehow it got relisted...

I have just deleted this sold listing from long ago...

However, you may be interested in the story behind this "old" sale (read on if you are...If, the purchaser is correct, then, I sold this "way" to cheap):

After I sold it, the purchaser told me the following history (that I was totally unaware of):

This was a rare, "sample" model that was the result of of a little known, experimental joint venture between DM & FM designed to reduce production costs for the two competitors...

This "one off" project was the only project DM & FM ever attempted...

I was told it ended in failure; never to have been tried again......

I have no way of verifying, if, this is what really went down (but, I can tell you it clearly was marked with the "Danbury Mint" embedded logo (as all other DM models)..."

Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  20:16:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spooky listing...too many 'key words' used...and the seller plays 'dumb' with you.
Doesn't 'FEEL' trustworthy.
Go to Top of Page

Takao

Japan

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  22:04:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I had looked intently at the pictures, I noticed that the model is 1/43 Avanti by Automodello apart from the model of the third picture. I have same one.
Go to Top of Page

Chav

USA

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  23:46:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Takao is absolutely right https://www.diecast.org/diecast98/html/asp/forums/forum43/viewMessage.asp?id=115323&start=115323 look at the warped windshield frame on the first picture.

Guys, if you don't know this seller yet put his name on your "DO NOT BUY" and " DO NOT TALK TO HIM" list.
This is a guy who preys on uninformed buyers by flashy pictures and misleading titles, pictures and descriptions. If you challenge him, he won't give you a satisfactory answer. Just look at his other listing, and then look at his prior sales, there are either too many stupid people to buy from him or some of these transactions are unreal.
Myron, don't want to get you in trouble, you can delete this post... although this guy himself is in trouble, I have no idea why eBay is allowing him to do this, I guess too few complaints.

Sorry Chav because I agree with you guys but to protect Myron I had to remove the listings Sorry!

Edited by - tcam on 12/18/2017 06:19:13
Go to Top of Page

Chav

USA

Posted - 12/18/2017 :  00:14:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark, that reply was BS, ask him about this one:

quote:
Originally posted by Mark S

After pressing him on it I got this crazy reply:
"Thank-you so much for bringing that to my attention...

Sorry, I sold this long ago and somehow it got relisted...

I have just deleted this sold listing from long ago...

However, you may be interested in the story behind this "old" sale (read on if you are...If, the purchaser is correct, then, I sold this "way" to cheap):

After I sold it, the purchaser told me the following history (that I was totally unaware of):

This was a rare, "sample" model that was the result of of a little known, experimental joint venture between DM & FM designed to reduce production costs for the two competitors...

This "one off" project was the only project DM & FM ever attempted...

I was told it ended in failure; never to have been tried again......

I have no way of verifying, if, this is what really went down (but, I can tell you it clearly was marked with the "Danbury Mint" embedded logo (as all other DM models)..."

Sorry guys can't name names as it can get Myron in trouble Sorry!

Edited by - tcam on 12/18/2017 06:22:24
Go to Top of Page

Mark S

USA

Posted - 12/18/2017 :  07:46:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chav, you can delete the whole thread if you think it best. I truly didn't know what I was looking at when I saw that listing but knew it was way to precise for a FM 1/24 Avanti. The Automodello makes sense.

Edited by - Mark S on 12/18/2017 07:53:10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-18 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000